Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fostering communications

I teach Arabic as a second language to middle school I use the three mode of communications, the interpretive, presentation, and interpersonal mode.  When I have a topic about, for example, Arabian breakfast, I assigned students to collect information about the Arabian breakfast from one of the middle eastern countries.They can make a power point presentation about some of the middle eastern breakfast dishes. They can explain why in such country like to start their day with such a meal.(interpretive) They can compare between  the Arabian breakfast and the American breakfast.(presentation) They can identify whats in common between the two breakfast.( interpersonal) I think the three modes are supplementary to each other.I also learned from this course how to include the three modes in teaching. When we engage technology in teaching, learning will be more fun for students.





No comments:

Post a Comment